HDPE underground fire pipes are manufactured complying to ISO 4427 (PE100) and ANSI/AWWA C906 (PE4710) standards. Puhui produce and supply moulded and segmented fittings as per ISO and AWWA standards under stringent quality control. Our pipes and fittings are tested at each stage of production to comply with quality and standards.
Benefits Of HDPE Underground Fire Pipes
- Lightweight, with long laying length
- Great for easy transportation and installation.
- Pipe applicable for open-trench and slip-lining installation.
- Extremely durable, corrosive, gouging and abrasion resistant.
- Features 70 years life span.
- Great flexibility, and highly suitable for earthquake-prone areas.
- Highest PE pressure rating, resistance to slow crack growth and rapid crack propagation.
Comparison of the advantages of HDPE fire pipe and traditional ductile iron pipe
- Ductile iron pipe is even more influenced by human factors, and the construction is not as simple and easy to grasp the essentials as PE pipe.
- HDPE pipe has good corrosion resistance, and its inorganic performance is much stronger than that of ductile iron pipe, so there is no need for anti-corrosion treatment when laying in the ground, and the construction is fast and convenient.
- HDPE pipe flexibility performance, pipe into the field, can be directly in the truck to the underground rolling push unloading without damage to the pipeline; and ductile iron pipe fragmentation, little flexibility, from a high altitude down any throw unloading easily lead to fracture phenomenon, so the unloading can only use the crane unloading, increasing the construction costs and inefficient.
- because HDPE pipe is hot melt welding, the interface will not seepage, as long as the correct grasp of welding technology and time, the construction is completed after the test pressure is basically no seepage, leakage, without rework repair; and ductile iron pipe connection relies on rubber socket connection, when the earth backfill or surface subsidence at the connection is prone to structural changes, often seepage, leakage, so the project is completed after the high cost of maintenance.
- ductile iron pipe is bulky and laborious, taking up more human resources for site handling and installation; HDPE pipe is lighter than ductile iron pipe, less welding personnel, more efficient and lower installation cost.
Specifications Of HDPE Underground Fire Pipes
|SIZE||DR11 CLASS 200 (FM-CLASS 150)||DR9 CLASS 250 (FM-CLASS 200)||DR7 CLASS 335 (FM-CLASS 267)|
|IPS Pipe Size||Average Outside Dia.||Average Inside Dia.||Min. Wall Thickness||Average Weight (lbs/ft)||Average Inside Dia.||Min. Wall Thickness||Average Weight (lbs/ft)||Average Inside Dia.||Min. Wall Thickness||Average Weight (lbs/ft)|