Technical parameters of HDPE Cable Duct Pipe
- Permissible operating temperature – from -25 ºC to +70 ºC.
- Permissible installation temperature – not lower than -30 ºС.
- Polyethylene density – 0,949-0,953 g/cm3.
- Combustibility class – B1, B2.
- Nominal pressure depending on the type of pipes:
light – 0,25 MPa;
medium-light – 0,4 MPa;
Medium – 0.6 MPa;
Heavy – 1 MPa.
- Coefficient of thermal expansion – 0.15-0.2 mm/mºK.
- Brittle temperature – from -70°C.
Applications of HDPE Cable Duct Pipe
HDPE pipes are used as protective sleeves of cables laid in an open, covert and semi-concealed manner for the device:
- power supply networks;
- telephone lines;
- video surveillance;
- computer networks;
- fire, control, emergency alarm systems.
Reasons for the popularity of HDPE Cable Duct Pipe
When performing electrical work HDPE pipe is very popular for a number of reasons:
- It provides reliable protection for cables, virtually eliminating the risk of electrocution in the event of damage to the cable insulation.
- It has a special design that facilitates pulling cables of all kinds.
- HDPE tubular products, unlike metal boxes, are easier to transport and absolutely not affected by corrosion.
- It does not conduct electricity, so it does not require additional costs for cathodic protection.
The service life of HDPE pipes for cable is at least 50 years.
The outer surface of HDPE technical pipe should be smooth, with no visible peeling, cracks, chips and bubbles. The inner surfaces of the products should not have bumps and protrusions that prevent the pulling of the wire.
Polyethylene pipes are sold in 5-12 meter sections or in coils of 25, 50, 100, 200 meters.
The marking is applied by the manufacturer on the outside of the HDPE pipe along the whole length at a pitch of 1 meter. It consists of the following designations
- manufacturer’s name (trademark);
- Polyethylene grade (for example, PE-63, PE-80)
- SDR parameter (ratio of outer diameter of the product to the wall thickness). According to it, the level of ring strength is determined;
- Geometric parameters: diameter and wall thickness;
- The standard of production;
- The purpose of the product (technical, drinking, gas or sewage);
- date of manufacture.
Classification of HDPE Cable Duct Pipe
Manufacturers offer for the installation of HDPE Cable Duct Pipe in two versions:
- Corrugated wall.
These types of tubular products differ in technical characteristics and are used for operation in different conditions.
Smooth HDPE pipes – black, rigid, have high mechanical strength. They come in:
- Unreinforced with a single-layer wall construction. They are used for laying cables in brick walls, concrete structures, floor screeds.
- Reinforced double-layered. Used for operation in more demanding conditions.
For turns, transitions in smooth HDPE conduits special fittings are used.
Professional hdpe cable duct pipe manufacturer
PUHUI is a professional enterprise engaged in hdpe cable duct pipe for more than 30 years, our hdpe cable duct pipe is exported to Philippines, Indonesia, UAE, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, South Africa, Nigeria, Peru, Chile, Ecuador and other countries in the world, and we have established long-term stable cooperation with many retailers and agents. If you are interested in hdpe cable duct pipe, welcome to contact us!