During the arrangement of the deep drainage system, great emphasis is always given to pipes. After all, they perform several functions at once, without which the operation of the entire structure as a whole is simply impossible. Anyone who is going to make a system that will last more than a decade should, first of all, rely on the quality of products and consider several available options. However, if you want to buy the best in its segment of pipes, you should look at such a material as HDPE. HDPE Drainage Pipe is highly resistant to a number of negative factors, able to withstand even the most serious loads.
Types of HDPE Drainage Plastic Pipe
All drainage pipes can be grouped according to different characteristics. There are six varieties, depending on the type of material from which they are made.
- Ceramic. Pipes made of refractory clay with mineral additives.
- Asbestos-cement. Made with a diameter of 10-20 cm. A single asbestos-cement drain pipe can weigh up to 52 kg. In order to connect the pipes, couplings made of the same material should be used. The increase of water permeability is achieved by cutting on the surface of the pipe in a staggered order.
- Metal. Has considerable weight and can be subject to corrosion.
- Plastic. Made of low or high pressure polyethylene (HDPE and LDPE), polypropylene, PVC. The presence of corrugated walls and stiffeners allows for uniform external pressure distribution.
- Concrete. Virtually imperforate and very heavy.
- Made of porous expanded clay aggregate or plastic concrete. Moisture enters through the pores in the walls.
Advantages of HDPE drainage plastic pipes
Plastic drainage pipes, whose variety has a corrugated surface, are the most commonly used in modern construction. This popularity is caused by the large number of advantages of this type of product.
- -Resistance to corrosion.
- -Resistance to chemical compounds.
- -Resistance to bacteria.
- -The smooth structure of the inner surface prevents clogging.
- -Low thermal conductivity.
- -Light weight.
- -Strong fastening type.
- -Long service life.
How much do HDPE Drainage Plastic Pipe cost?
The average cost of polyethylene pipe starts from 3 dollars per meter, but it also depends on the mass of parameters. For example, for a corrugated system, you have to pay a little more.
The cost also affects:
- the thickness of the walls
- the quality of raw materials used
- the country of manufacturer
- a particular distributor.
Therefore, to specify exact prices for certain types of pipes is very difficult.